Monday, May 28, 2018

Gluten Free ✔️ Celiacs ✔️ Practically Superhero ✔️

Gluten Free ✔️
Celiacs ✔️
Practically Superhero ✔️


Seriously how perfect is this shirt?!?!
.
When I saw this yesterday at the gluten free expo I HAD to have to! 
.
I mean I do live everyday with celiacs. 
.
Did you know it's an autoimmune disease?
.
It is. And it's one that affects me everyday. And one that use to affect me emotionally.
.
I use to get so down and out on the weekends! Why?!?
.
Living as a celiac is hard, but the weekends or so I use to think were always the hardest!
.
Think about it. What do you do on the weekends? You got out, drink, eat, meet up with friends, and have fun.
.
Having celiacs is like being an outcast. It's a curse yet a blessing at the same time.
.
Living in PA there aren't many or if any gluten free restaurant. And most are pizza places and let’s be real, you can only eat pizza so often.
.
All the other restaurants have a gluten free menu, but are cooked in the same kitchen, using the same utensils as the gluten menu items. So cross contamination happens. And to me it happens every time.
.
Yes, I am that sensitive to food and what I put in my body. Like I said a blessing and a curse.
.
So weekends use to be no fun. But now, my mindset has changed!! 
.
Having celiacs is a blessing. It has brought me to find a passion I never had. I found a passion for baking, health, and fitness! I found a way to balance my life, enjoy what I have, and make the most of it!
.
Yes it may have taken me 17 years to figure it out, but I did! I no longer let people judge me for eating the way I do or not eating when we go out. Or that I am into health and fitness and enjoy a treat. Trust me I do! Chocolate and peanut butter are a weekend occurrence!  🙈
.
So needless to say when I saw this shirt I had to have it because not only have I come a long way with celiacs, aka 17 years, but it reminds me of how far I have come with my mindset with it! 🤔💪

No comments:

Post a Comment