Thursday, February 25, 2016

Banana Protein Oatmeal Bread - GLUTEN FREE and VEGAN Friendly

Healthy Baked Banana Protein Oatmeal Bread

 
I don't know about you but I LOVE homemade bread. I don't eat it often nor do I make it often because when I do, I eat the whole thing in less than 2 days.
 
However, this recipe is easy! You don't need a bread maker, its lite, and it only has 4-6 servings so it doesn't last long and I am not eating a lot.
 
My favorite topping for it is of course Almond Butter! I love that stuff! Plus with the banana flavor it just makes for the perfect topping.


Recipe

serves 4-6

low fat, gluten free, high protein, clean eating friendly, refined sugar free

Ingredients

1 cup gluten free rolled oats or gluten free quick oats
1/2 cup protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 medium bananas, mashed (just over a cup mashed)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup or 4 large) egg whites
1 cup milk of your choice (we use unsweetened almond)
Optional: choc chips/nuts/spices of your choice

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F

Grease and/or line a 8" square or round tin and set aside

Mash your banana in a medium mixing bowl and add in all of your other ingredients, mixing until combined.

Pour your oatmeal mix into your baking dish and bake for 20-35 minutes, or until cooked through.

Once baked, allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving. I actually like mine cold so I usually pop the whole batch in the fridge once it's cool and then slice it in the morning.

This will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge or can be frozen in slices in individual zip lock or freezer bags and then defrosted as needed (I just take one out the night before and leave it in the fridge and it's ready to go in the morning!)

Top with nut butter, eat as is or serve however you fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment