Thursday, February 11, 2016

New Recipe - Mac and Cheese - Gluten FREE and Dairy FREE

Mac and Cheese - Gluten FREE and Dairy FREE
 
 


OMG!!! Can I jus tell you how AMAZING this was!!! I know you probably had the same thought I did when thinking Mac and Chesse - She just made noodels that were gluten free, used almond milk, and a vegan / Dairy free cheese!

But I didn't!

I used quinoa, coconut oil, and nutritional yeast! And HONESTLY, it tasted JUST like mac n cheese that you make homemade and from a box!  
 
It not only tasted like mac and cheese but it SMELLED like it too. I
 
The mac and cheese is also hubby approved and will definitely be made more often!
 
This is the perfect comfort food / bring me back to my kid days meal!! I loved it! And I Seriously can't wait to make it again!
 
So what did I do? How did I make them?


"Cheezy" Quinoa AKA Mac and Cheese Recipe!

Ingredients

1 cup COOKED quinoa
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
1 TBSP Coconut Oil
1 TBSP Coconut Amino Acids
1 TBSP Nutritional Yeast

Directions

1. Cook 1/2 cup of Quinoa to make a CUP of cooked Quinoa (follow direction on back of bag)
2. Once Quinoa is cooked transfer to bowl
3. Add TBSP of Coconut Oil
4. Add 1/2 tsp salt
5. Add TBSP of Coconut Amino Acids
6. Top with 1 TBSP of Nutritional Yeast
7. Mix well together
8. Enjoy!

If you are following the 21 day fix, hammer and chisel, or 21 Day fix extreme - this equals 2 yellow, 3 tsp, 1 blue, and 1 orange


 

No comments:

Post a Comment