Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Shakeology vs. Isagenix

I just want to state this a COMPARISON post. I would never give false information. ALSO I am NOT bashing any products and would not write something up if I have not had the experience. So with that being said let me tell you my story.....

In March of 2013 my husband and I were introduced to Isagenix as a weight loss shake and a way to get us the goals we were searching for but not seeing. We tried it, liked it, and continued with it until August of 2013.

Enter Shakeology....

I was introduced to T25 and Shakeology from an old high school friend on FB. I saw her posting about T25 and thought heck 25 minutes a day is perfect for me. I can still lift in the morning and do cardio after school (teaching). I use to run but couldn't stand the pounding on my knees and how long it took to get a 6 miles in (I was a slow runner). I missed my cardio and was looking for something to put back in to my routine, so when I saw T25 I was game to try something, even if it was a HOME based workout program.

I ordered it alone! No shakeology nothing. However, seeing this girl post about it, I started to do my research and found that it was actually healthier and had more super foods in it then Isagenix. However, my husband kept saying why fix something that isn't broken. Well needless to say, I jumped on her, Shakeology 10 Day Challenge group and got 10 packets of shakeology to try.

And I was HOOKED!!! I had so much more energy, I liked the way it tasted better, I liked how I could add frozen fruit or unsweetened almond milk to it. I loved how versatile it was! So I switched, cold turkey! I gave the rest of my Isagenix to my husband and I started ordering Shakeology, that is also when I signed up to become an Independent Beachbody Coach.

So below is my comparison of the 2 shakes. I have tried both for 6+ months. Once again this is just a comparison, my opinion of the 2 and I want you to know why I do shakeology and how I felt on both. Please also take note that I have not drank Isagenix since July of 2013 so its been over 2 years.




The Isagenix meal replacement shake comes in two flavors; chocolate and vanilla. Isagenix provides 23 grams of protein per serving and contains many naturally occurring ingredients.


Isagenix contains 1100% more fat than Shakeology (6 grams of fat compared to less than half a gram in Shakeology). Additionally, Isagenix contains more cholesterol, sodium, and overall calories per serving. Shakeology contains anywhere from 130 - 170 calories per serving compared to 240 calories per serving.

 
 
Isagenix also lacks the potency of the vitamins and minerals contained within Shakeology; for example Isagenix only has 40% of the daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C versus 300% in Shakeology. Isagenix lacks vitamins such as B1, B2, and B3; all contained within Shakeology. You have to drink 2 to 4 Isagneix shakes to get the same concerntraion of vitamins and minerals found in just 1 serving of Shakeology.

Isagenix Isalean Shake price…… Each canister costs $ 50.00 and contains a 14 day supply therefore for one month you will need approximately two canisters for a total cost $100.00 plus shipping. Isagenix does offer a 30 day money back guarantee; however, I do not know if they offer a bottom of the bag money back guarantee like Shakeology does!


 
Isagenix is a whey protein shake and does not offer a Vegan Shake without the Dairy protein. Isagenix also in my experience, does not help with cravings or give you energy like you get from Shakeology.
 
Also Isagenix did not help regulate me, unfortunately it did the opposite and made me constipated because of the wehy and dairy in it. Which lead to me feeling bloated and disgusting.



Now Shakeology on the other hand…

Shakeology contains 70 of the healthiest and most nutritious foods from across the globe; and they really mean from across the globe! Darin Olien, teamed up with Beachbody to scour the ends of the earth in search of the best ingredients. I am not quite sure I have ever seen a group of people so dedicated to bringing “the best stuff on earth” to our door step!

Shakeology falls at a 24 on the Glycemic Index Scale which is really good news! Foods that are high on the Glycemic Index Scale such as pizza, bagels, ice cream, corn syrup, and mashed potatoes rapidly increase blood sugar and insulin levels. Research indicates that these are contributors to weight gain, diabetes, coronary artery disease, and the good old “energy crash” that many of us experience just after our lunch hour. However, foods that are low on the Glycemic Index Scale such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, and of course Shakeology provide a slow sustained release of energy that allows us to avoid the “energy crashing” effect.



So what exactly is in Shakeology that helps do all these wonderful things? Well Shakeology contains protein and essential amino acids that help us build muscle while also reducing food cravings. The prebiotics and digestive enzymes assist us in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption. The antioxidants and phytonutrients help counteract “free radical damage” that is often associated with degenerative diseases. And last but not least, Shakeology contains our daily dose of vitamins and minerals which provides our body’s with everything that we need to function at our own personal optimal health levels.

So what about price? A one month supply of Shakeology costs $129.95 for 5 regular flavors chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, greenberry, CafĂ© Latte. And 2 Vegan Flavors of Tropical Strawberry or Chocolate vegan. And you can save on monthly shipping costs by choosing the Home Direct option. And best of all Shakeology offers a BOTTOM of the BAG money back GUARENTEE! That means you can use the ENTIRE bag and if you are not completely satisfied you can return the empty bag for a full refund NO QUESTIONS ASKED!


 
I am not trying to sell you one way or the other. This is just a comparison from my stand point. A girl that has tried both shakes, did both shakes for months, and fell in love with Shakeology over Isagenix. You might think that I have to love it because of being an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I can HONESTLY, tell you this. I don't tell people to spend the money if it isn't good. I have celiac's and this shake has been an amazing addition in my life because of the lack of  FOOD and NUTRITENTS I wasn't getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment