Wednesday, February 10, 2016

NEW RECIPE - Meatless Chicken Nuggets!!!

Chickpea Nuggets
 
 
 
 
 
OMG!!! Can I jus tell you how AMAZING these were!!! I know you probably had the same though I did when thinking that chickpeas could make good nuggets! But they do. I mean seriously if Black Beans can make delicious burgers why can't chickpeas make delicious chicken nuggets!
 
Not only did they taste like chicken nuggets but they SMELLED like them while cooking. I was nervous making them especially since I had no clue what they were going to turn out like, but we were getting board with our usual's so I thought why not switch it up! I am SOOOO glad I did!
 
These nuggets were hubby approved and will definitely be made more often! Oh and we had them with Mac and Cheese - which will be tomorrows recipe! (Gluten FREE, VEGAN, Dairy FREE)
 
This was the perfect comfort food / bring me back to my kid days meal!! I loved it! And I Seriously can't wait to make them again!
 
So what did I do? How did I make them?
 
Ingredients
•1 15.5 oz. can chickpeas, drained
•1/4 tsp salt
•½ tsp garlic powder
•1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
•1 Tbsp almond flour
•⅓ cup almond flour
 

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Pour the drained chickpeas into a food processor and process for a few seconds.
3.Then add all of the other ingredients except the last ⅓ cup almond flour for coating. Process a few more seconds. Everything will be well mixed and chunky texture.
4.Scoop up teaspoon sized globs and roll them into balls then smash them into nugget shape.
5.Pour almond flour into a bowl and coat each nugget with the almond flour
6.Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay each nugget on the parchment but don't let them touch.
7.Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more.
8.Allow nuggets to cool before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment