Monday, March 7, 2016

SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder

SAD
.
Ever hear of it?
.
If you live in PA or up north, I know you have.
.
What is it?
.
SAD stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder. Doesn't really sound like a disorder right? I mean how can a season really affect you and create a disorder?
.
Well, guess what!?!
.
It does exist! And I have been trying so hard for it not to affect me this year!
.
BUT I lost the battle.
.
Every year it affects me. And it usually hits in February because that is usually when the snow hits and when teaching there just didn't seem to be breaks, plus there just isn't much to look forward to.
.
But this year I thought I had it mastered! I thought that I found the secret sauce to keeping it away!
.
I was lifting which was making me feel good and I was reading Personal Development books that were all about positive mindset.
.
And I was doing great UNTIL this weekend! Friday it hit me hard and I have been in a FUNK all weekend!
.
Yesterday was Rich's birthday and I just couldn't enjoy it!
.
SAD sucks! And it hits you like a ton of bricks when you think you have it conquered!
.
So if you are in a funk, if you are affected by SAD, know you are not alone! I go through it every year too.
.
Don't think you are going crazy. Don't be hard on yourself! Reach out. And know you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment