Thursday, February 2, 2017

Tasty Thursday - Simple Almond Flour Bagels

Simple Almond Flour Bagels



I don't know about you, but I LOVE bagels, bread, anything that you can put in the toaster and spread Peanut Butter on it. haha

I use to go to Bruggers bagels every Friday before school. I loved their bagels along with the cream cheese they piled on top of them. When I was diagnosed with Celiacs 15+ years ago that all changed and I was sad that I had to miss out on something so "good". Or at least thought was something so "good'!! 

Now 15+ years later I have learned to make my own bagels that I SWEAR are tastier than the ones they make at Bruggers!

These Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free bagels are AMAZING!!! They are a great source of carbs that won't pack on the pounds or make you feel gross and bloated after enjoying one!

This creation is one of my favorites and is very similar to my almond bread. However, I like making these better, because I just like bagels better. Haha weird right?!?! 

Now just to perfect a dairy free healthier version of cream cheese and I will be golden for a Bruggers Bagel substitution. 

For now Peanut Butter will have to do, I mean twist my arm to make me eat it right. :P 

Definitely try these bagels! You wont be disappointed! That I promise you. Plus you can add things like cinnamon, sugar, fruit, etc. to create different versions! 




Ingredients:

2 1/2 c almond flour
1/2 t pink salt
1/2 t baking soda
3 eggs
2 dropperfuls of plain stevia
1/2 t apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease Donut Pan with Coconut oil.
Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in large bowl.
Whisk eggs, stevia, and vinegar together in medium bowl.
Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Scoop batter into donut pan.
Bake, on bottom rack, 45 minutes, or until knife comes out of center clean.

Cool.
Makes 6 FULL bagels or 12 Thin bagels. 
Calorie Count - 264 for Full bagels and 132 for Thin Sliced


No comments:

Post a Comment