Thursday, April 13, 2017

Tasty Thursday - Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Cauliflower Crust Pizza




Ingredients:

1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice
1/4 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 T. Almond Meal
1 T. Nutritional Yeast
1 T Coconut Oil, Melted
1 egg


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 450 Degrees F. 
2. Open bag of Cauliflower rice and place in a pot of water (1 cup), turn to high. Once the water and cauliflower rice are boiling turn the burner off and let it sit there and steam for about 5 minutes. 
3. Place the steamed cauliflower in a strainer and push out the excess water from it with a large spoon.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients into a food processor and mix it all together. 
5. Spread the "dough" into either a small round pizza pie or a small brownie pan. 
6. Spread the dough, however, you like, the thinner you spread the better it cooks and sticks together. 
7. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes
8 Take out of the oven and top with favorite toppings. (I topped mine with homemade pizza sauce, zucchini, bell peppers, and nutritional yeast.)
9. Place back in oven for another 30 minutes on 450. 





This Recipe is AMAZING. I hate cauliflower but you can't taste it in the crust! Honestly, you would never know it was cauliflower!! My husband LOVED it and actually told me he liked it better than my almond crust pizza!!

PLUS - it counts as 2 greens instead of 2 yellows!! WHOOP WHOOP talk about a win win.

Toppings - I did for myself a pesto sauce and for rich a pizza sauce. They both were good. I just prefer pesto over red sauce!

I recommend trying this, it was easy to make BECAUSE i used the trader joes riced cauliflower. I have made the rice cauliflower by myself before and its just too much of a hassle and the clean up is horrid! This bag of cauliflower rice made it easy and actually made me want to make it again!

Definitely try this recipe out. You wont regret it!!

Oh and you don't have to make it dairy free - just replace the nutritional yeast with actually cheese, Parm for the crust and shredded for the topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment