Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Feeling Blessed

Sitting in the car on our way to my parents house Sunday night reflecting on the weekend, I started to cry. Why? Not because I was sad but because of how blessed I am. This weekend with family and friends celebrating our marriage was amazing and unforgettable!!!

From seeing everyone to everyone having fun to dancing with my best friend of 30 years to dancing with Rich to our wedding song (God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton) to dancing with my sorority girls, to laughing hard with my huntingdon girls to seeing my Roni (my mentor who helped me more than she will ever know with teaching and life) to family to saying goodbye to my cousin who will be over seas for a year to so much more!!

The car ride allowed me to reflect on my life and how so much has changed and how blessed I am to have met all of these people along my journey! Everyone that was at our reception has blessed me and / or Rich in my / our life / journey. And I am so grateful for all of them!! 

I am also grateful for the man of my dreams! He does nothing but spoil me, love me, treat me like a queen, cheer me on, encourage me to follow my dreams and not think twice about it, and puts up with all my quirks (and trust me there are many of them)! I couldn't have found a more amazing guy and I am just overwhelmed with how lucky I am to have him and all that we have and all the people we have in our lives.
 
Being happy and blessed isn't about having materials and money. I have seen that clearly this past month. Its having friends, family, laughter, joy, and love that brings you happiness and a blessed life. And I am lucky to say I have all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment