Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Black Bean Salad and Dressing - NEW RECIPE

Black Bean Salad and Dressing
 
 


Honestly when I first put this altogether, it smelled bad and I was really unsure of how the texture and taste were going to mix together. BUT I tried. And let me just say I FELL in love with this salad. As you can see above it doesn't look pretty, but it tastes amazing, gives you energy and keeps you full.

I eat it cold. I make it the day before for my husband and I's lunch the next day! And it tastes great cold.

It is hubby approve but he calls it the salad that smells. When he sees it, he always ask is that the one that smells. I just laugh and say yes, because it might smell but it tastes delicious!!! Oh and I double the recipe so since hubs and I eat it the same day. Plus then I don't have to worry about storing the dressing for later use.


Black Bean Salad - Makes 1 Serving

Ingredients

1/2 cup Organic Black Beans, cooked and rinsed
1/2 cup Organic Chickpeas, cooked and rinsed
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 TBSP of pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp of Himalayan Salt
Mixed Dried herbs
2 TBSP of chopped parsley

Dressing (Makes 2 Servings)

3 TBSP of homemade plan Hummus
2 TBSP of Organic Dijon Mustard (Anne's Brand)
2 TBSP of socked Chia Seeds
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tsp of Himalayan Salt
Pinch Paprika
Pinch Mixed Dried herbs

Directions

1. Cook Black Beans and Chick peas on the stove for 5-9 minutes.

2. Put chickpeas, carrots, black beans, and seeds in a medium size bowl.
3. Blend together the dressing ingredients until smooth consistency.

4. Add 1/4 cup of the dressing to salad and toss.

5. Add salt and mixed herbs to taste.

6. You can eat warm or cold

No comments:

Post a Comment