Thursday, November 5, 2015

NEW CROCK POT RECIPE!!!

CROCK POT LENTIL CHILI
 
 
So I made this crockpot meal last night for my husband. I was going to my parents for the night and so I wanted to have something he could come home to, eat, and not have to worry about finding and cooking something. Because trust me that is more of a hassle then anything else!! He doesn't know where anything is in the kitchen! He was to only have 1 bowl, or 1 and 1/2 max. Well I got a call later in the evening, that he ate the ENTIRE crockpot. Yes you read that right. The ENTIRE thing! It was to be my dinner tonight. Oh well. I can definitely say it was HUSBAND APROVED!!! 
 
 



Crockpot Lentil Chili


Ingredients

1 cup lentils, uncooked
1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup red pepper, chopped, about 1 large pepper
1 cup of diced carrots
1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped, about 1/2 large onion
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 tsp of Chili Powder
2 Cans of Dice tomatoes with green chilies in it
2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
Nutritional Yeast, for garnish
fresh cilantro, for garnish


Directions

1. Lather your slow cooker with coconut oil and place the uncooked lentils, black beans, kidney beans, red pepper, carrots, onion, diced tomatoes, cumin powder, garlic, and  pepper inside, stirring until well combined.

2. Pour in in the vegetable broth, stir well, and cover the pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.

3. Once cooked, garnish with cheese and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment