Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Thanksgiving RECIPE- Healthy Alternative to Potatoes

Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes

 



I don't know about you but I LOVE sweet potatoes. And I really LOVE the candy sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving. But this year I am going to try these. Why? Because they are a healthier option when it comes to potatoes, PLUS, I then won't have to choose between the sweet potatoes and dessert! I mean I love my APPLE Pie too!! So this way I won't have too many sweets and the sweet potatoes will actually pair well with the turkey!

Try these out, even if you don't use them for Thanksgiving, they are delicious and a great side to any met dish!


 Ingredients:

4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 450. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to coat everything evenly. Spread in a single layer on prepared cookie sheet. Place in oven.

Bake at 450 for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment