Thursday, May 21, 2015

NEW RECIPE!!!! - Sweet Potato and Black Bean Lettuce Wraps.

We all know how much I LOVE my sweet potatoes. I seriously wish they were a green or purple on the fix! And if I could, I would eat them every day!! I just love them!! So I am always looking for new ways to make them. And when I found this, I just HAD to try it!! Why? Because it my 2 favorite things in one! Sweet Potato and Mexican!! How could it NOT be good?!?!?

 
This recipe is delicious! And it makes a great lunch!!

 

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Lettuce Wraps

  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1/3 cup coconut cream
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
  • 1/4 cup purple onions, finely chopped
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
  • 12 romaine lettuce leaves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pierce the sweet potato and place it in the oven, baking for 25-30 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove, cool, peel, and dice.
      
Prepare the chili cream sauce by stirring together coconut cream, lime juice, chili powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix together. Set aside.
      
In a bowl, mix together diced sweet potatoes, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, black beans, onions, avocado, tomato, and cilantro. Salt and pepper lightly.
      
Spread coconut cream on romaine leaves. Top with sweet potato and black bean mixture.

Enjoy taco-style!

Seriously, you can't go wrong with this meal!! It is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment