Monday, April 11, 2016

Celiacs and the Weekends

CELIACS SUCKS!!



I live everyday with celiacs. Did you know it's an autoimmune disease?

It is. And it's one that affects me everyday. Either emotionally or physically.

And weekends it effects me the most!

Why?!?

Living as a celiac is hard, but the weekends make is SOOO much harder!

Think about it. What do you do on the weekends? You got out, drink, eat, meet up with friends, and have fun.

Not me. Having celiacs is like being an outcast. It's a curse yet a blessing at the same time.

Living in Greensburg, PA there aren't many actually only 1 gluten free restaurant. And you can only eat pizza so often.

All the other restaurants have a gluten free menu, but are cooked in the same kitchen, using the same utensils as the gluten menu items. So cross contamination happens. And to me it happens every time.

Yes, I am that sensitive to food and what I put in my body. Like I said a blessing and a curse.

So weekends are no fun. We don't go out. We stay in and I cook the same things. And let's be honest, not the best for a marriage. It's good to get out of the house, but we don't because my husband sees the pain I go through when we do.

So how does it affect me mentally?

A lot of people judge me for not going out, not just eating out and dealing with it, or seeing what happens. I get a lot, a crumb can't hurt you.

But it does.

It does hurt me. It hurts both physically and mentally.

Just because I am a health and fitness coach, doesn't mean I don't enjoy a treat meal once in a while, it doesn't mean I am perfect and don't eat junk.

I am no different than you are. I like a treat, and there are times I want the junk, but I can't! Again blessing and a curse.

If you have celaics, if you have an autoimmune disease, know that you aren't alone. Know that others feel these feelings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment