Thursday, December 22, 2016

Tasty Thursday - Homemade Gluten Free / Grain Free Tortilla Chips!

Like I said on Monday, I love to bake and make things on the weekend. Especially when you live in PA and they call for nothing but BITTER cold, snow and ice all weekend long! 

This weekend I got my creative juices flowing and thought of all the CRUNCHY foods that I love and miss since HAVING to go gluten free. 

I know I can find some of these things at the groccery store in the gluten free section and not even in the gluten free section BUT they still aren't the BEST for you and honestly some of the ingredients I refuse to eat because they are not good for you. So I wanted to make something that I knew was delicious and HEATHY for you. 

So this weekend I made crackers, chips, and cookies. And I wanted to share with you my Gluten Free / Grain Free Tortilla Chips with out the corn! 

I honestly didn't know that you could make a homemade tortilla chip that didn't use CORN at all! And one that would actully taste like the normal chip and be a great alternative when eating Guac and Chips! 

Check them out....


Paleo Tortilla Chips


Makes 35 chips – each chip is 39 calories

Ingredients
1½ cups almond meal
½ cup golden flax meal
6 T. Liquid Egg Whites or 2 Egg Whites
½ teaspoon salt

Instructions

1. Place almond flour, flaxmeal, egg whites, and salt in a food processor
2. Pulse until a ball of dough forms
3. Separate dough into 2 halves
4. Place each piece of dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper
5. Roll out dough to ⅛ inch thick, or even thinner
6. Remove top piece of parchment paper
7. Transfer bottom piece of parchment paper with rolled out dough onto a baking sheet
8. Repeat process with remaining piece of dough
9. Cut into triangular wedges 2 ½ inches on each side
10. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes
11. Serve




You can cut these chips any way you want. I used a circluar cookie cutter to cut them in to circles which i feel is eaiser to dip into salsa or guac. However, you can use a pizza cutter to cut them into triangles. 




These are definitely a MUST to make! They are so good and like I said above they pair GREAT with guac! 

No comments:

Post a Comment