Thursday, December 15, 2016

Tasty Thursday - Pizza Pizza!!

Gluten Free / Grain Free Pizza Crust

I don't know about you but I LOVE a good pizza! I don't always crave pizza but when I do I want it right then and there and being CELIAC you can't just pick up the phone and order one. And if you can, you can't guarantee its 100%  SAFE for you. So I started making my own a while ago. And this weekend I created a new CRUST!!! 

And I must admit this one is the best so far! Why? Because it is just like a THIN crust pizza and you can pick it up just like a pizza and it won't fall apart! 

I have made many gluten free pizza crusts and there is nothing like this one! Its amazing!! And you can't tell its made from flax meal and almond meal. 

So whats the recipe right?!?


Almond / Flax Pizza Crust – 160 with Veggie Topping  ~182 calories
¾ cup Flax meal
¼ cup Almond Flour
½ T baking powder
½ tsp pink salt
½ cup water
2 eggs
2 1/2 T of Coconut Oil

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line 9x13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
  3. Combine eggs, coconut oil, and water in blender.
  4. Pulse in pink salt and baking powder. 
  5. Pulse in flax meal and almond meal (alternatively combine in large bowl), scraping sides down as needed.
  6. Scoop mixture onto baking sheet.
  7. Spread evenly with spatula.
  8. Bake for 25 minutes or until starting to brown.
  9. Pull out add your toppings of desire.
  10. Place back in Oven for another 10-15 minutes depending on the toppings and how well you want them done. 
  11. Cut into 8 slices with pizza cutter or knife.

This is what the crust looked like after baking in the oven. 


I made a Veggie Pizza and these were the toppings I used. 

Veggie Topping for Pizza

2 T Avocado Oil
2 T Nutritional Yeast
1 Cup Spinach
1 cup zucchini
1 cup tomatoes
1 Bell Pepper
½ tsp garlic powder

Directions:

1. Spread 2 T Avocado Oil all over the pizza
2. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp garlic powder on top. (More if desired)
3. Sprinkle 1 T Nutritional Yeast on crust.
4. Add veggies all over the pizza. 
5. Sprinkle another 1 T Nutritional Yeast on top of veggies. 
6. Put back in oven to bake. (10-15 minutes) 

Here is what the final product looked like!


No comments:

Post a Comment