Thursday, December 8, 2016

Tasty Thursday - Mini Apple Pies

Mini Apple Pies



This Thanksgiving I decided to try something new. I love apple pies and wanted to make an apple pie, but didn't want to have a WHOLE pie to myself or have big pie slices left over. SO.....

I made MINI apple pies from my BIG apple pie! 
.
And they turned out amazing! My family, even the non gluten free eaters love them, and I had some left over so I took them to work and EVERYONE love them too. Plus I made sure to save one for the hubs when we got back from CALI so he could try my new invention and of course he liked it too! But I think he likes anything I make! 
.
Check out the recipe! It's super easy and doesn't take a lot of work! 
Mini Apple Pies – 142 Calories
Crust – 123 calories per cup
1/2 c. coconut oil
2 eggs
1/4 tsp. pink salt
3/4 c. coconut flour
2 dropperfuls SweetLeaf stevia



Apple Pie Filling (19 Calories per TBSP) 20 servings will have 6 servings Left over
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
1 TBSP Sweet Leaf Stevia Powder
3 TBSP of Arrowroot
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup of water



Directions:
Crust:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt coconut oil.
In medium bowl, mix oil, eggs, stevia, and salt together with a fork.
Add coconut flour and stir until dough holds together.
Gather the small balls of dough with hands.
Flatten small balls into greased Cupcake pan.
Repeat for 12 cupcake slots
Prick dough with a fork.
Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

Apple Pie Filling
Peel, slice, and dice 3 Granny Smith Apples
Add ¾ Cups Distrilled Water and toss to prevent browning
In a saucepan, whisk together arrowroot powder and ¼ cup of distilled water until blended
Add cinnamon, stevia powder, and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
Add contents of apple slice bowl to saucepan and cook over low heat until apples are tender.
Allow to cool before putting into mini pie crusts.

Place 1 TBSP into each mini Pie Crust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment