Monday, December 19, 2016

Yummy Monday! Grain Free Graham Crackers

I don't know about you but I love to bake and make things on the weekend. Especially when you live in PA and they call for nothing but BITTER cold, snow and ice all weekend long! 

This weekend I got my creative juices flowing and thought of all the CRUNCHY foods that I love and miss since HAVING to go gluten free. 

I know I can find some of these things at the groccery store in the gluten free section BUT they still aren't the BEST for you and I wanted to make something that I knew was delicious and HEATHY for you. 

So this weekend I made crackers, chips, and cookies. My favorite one I made was the GRAHMAM cracker!! 

I honestly didn't know that you could make a homemade graham cracker or one that would actully taste like one and be a great alternative when making smores!!! 

Check them out....


So whats the Recipe RIGHT?!?!

GRAHAM CRACKERS

 Makes 22 crackers each cracker is 64 calories

INGREDIENTS
2-1/4 cups almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ tsp fine sea salt
1 large egg
2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
3 dropperfuls of Vanilla Stevia

INSTRUCTIONS
1. In a large bowl, whisk the almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2. Add the egg, coconut oil and stevia drops, stirring until blended into a cohesive dough (you can also do this in a food processor).
3. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 325ºF and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the chilled dough to a large sheet of parchment paper; top with a second sheet of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to ⅛-inch thickness.(not too thin--mine were actually between ⅛ and ¼ inch).
5. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut into 2.5-inch squares; transfer squares to prepared sheet.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown (they will still look slightly soft--will harden as they cool). Cool on the pan 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.



Trust me you don't want to miss out on making these! They are super simple and easy and you can make them any size and shape. I felt the easiest way was just using the pizza cutter and cutting them in to rectangles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment