Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Workout Shoes....How Often Should You Replace them?!?!

WHEN ASICS HAVE YOUR SHOES ON SALE....



.
You buy MULTIPLE PAIRS! ðŸ˜‚😂
Asics, the brand of workout shoes I wear, was having a HUGE sale on the workout shoes I typically buy. So of course I had to buy a new pair, but I couldn't just buy 1. I had to buy multiple! I mean I literally got 2 pairs for the price of 1!!! Or 4 for the price of 2. ðŸ™ˆðŸ™ˆ
.
So why have new shoes on hand? And multiple ones? 
.
How often should you replace your shoes? 
.
I get these questions a lot when it comes to working out. 
.
Honestly, I get new shoes every 2/3 months. 
.
Yes you read that! 3 months being the MAX and that all depends on the workout I have been doing in those shoes.
.
Why?
.
Your shoes wear down, especially when you workout every single day. When you wear shoes that are old and worn down, your joints start to suffer and you are more prone to injury that way. 
.
I last replaced my shoes in November. I used them to do 2 rounds of Core De Force, which was a 60 days total PLUS I have been wearing them for 3 weeks with INSANITY MAX 30.

So by now they are falling apart and my joints, aka knees mostly are starting to hurt. 
.
I like you try to make them last longer, because let's me real, workout shoes are EXPENSIVE!! 
.
But when I wait too long I suffer!  My knees ache, my back hurts, and my shins bother me. 
.
Today after switching my old shoes out and wearing my new shoes, my knees feel brand new and my back hasn't ached once! 
.
And yes they are exactly the same color as my old pair! ðŸ˜‚
.
So if you feel your legs and lower back are hurting, stop and think about the last time you got new shoes. And if it's been a while go out and get a new pair. 
.
Yes, they can be costly but it's a lot cheaper then the hospital you could end up dealing with if you injury yourself from old shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment