Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mexican Spaghetti Squash Casserole

So who out there loves Mexcian food? I do! I love Mexican food and really anything spicy! However, I don't like not knowing what is in my food. So I try to recreate Mexican food in a cleaner, gluten free, grain free way! Creating new recipes is enjoyable!

The other night, I was craving a spaghetti squash I went out and bought one! They are the best! They are so easy to make and prepare and you seriously can eat them any way!

So with my squash I decided to make it into a Mexican dish / casserole. It was amazing and delicious! So what did I use? I used a spaghetti squash (of course), spinach, green peppers, ground turkey, pico de gallo, and cheese. You can add more things and spices if you want to make it your own or more spicy or less. It takes about an hour to an hour and 10 minutes for it all to cook and be prepared but its worth it. Also this recipe is 21 day fixed approved!

A spaghetti squash is considered a winter squash and its a vegetable. So with my recipe I made it that I used 3 greens, 1 red, and 1 blue.

Here is how you make it.

Ingredients
1 whole spaghetti squash
10 spinach leaves
4 tablespoons of pico de gallo
1/2 green pepper chopped
1/4 cup of shredded organic mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup of ground turkey or 1 turkey burger

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place Spaghetti Squash on pan in preheated oven for 1 hour.
3. 30 minutes into squash cooking turn it over
4. Check squash when the time goes off and make sure it is squishy all around
5. Cut in half  long ways and scoop seed out
6. Scrap inside to make spaghetti type strings
7. place in bowl
8. Top with ground turkey, cheese, spinach, pico de gallo, green pepers, and any other toppings you choose.
9. Place back in oven for up to 5 minutes to melt cheese and other ingredients.
10. Remove from oven and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment