Monday, November 10, 2014

Newly Wed Tip #3 - Have a common interest(s)

Hey all!!! I am back with my third tip! Tip #3 is to have a common interest with your hubby! Your interest can be anything. It can be music, sports, books, health, cooking, fitness, fine dining, chiropractic care, whatever. Just make sure the two of you share a common interest that you can do together and share the love of it.

Hubby and I share 3 very strong common interests. 1. Health 2. Fitness and 3. Chiropractic Care.

And honestly when we first met and started dating, we only shared 1 of those 3 interests. The interest we both shared was fitness. We both worked out every day and we did some of the same exercises. I must say that I was not as crazy about it then, as I am now, nor did I get the results I am getting now. However, we shared it and he taught me new things when it came to lifting and he even made up lifting programs for me.

It wasn't until we were dating for over a year that he became more interested in the health / eating aspect. He became more interested in eating healthy and trying new things because of my celiac's. This turned him into a world of gluten / wheat free eating. And surprisingly he took it on like a champ!! Now I have taken it to a whole new level and he enjoys every new meal, every new treat, every new thing that I put in front of him to try. And most of it / if not all of it is GRAIN FREE / GLUTEN FREE.

Probably after 2 years of dating, is when he introduced me to chiropractic care. I can honestly say that I never went NOR did I care to ever go to a chiropractor. Why? Because I didn't want someone twisting and cracking me!! It scared me and it was not my cup of tea. However, he didn't see a chiropractor like that. He saw a Koren chiropractor. What is that? These Chiropractors are all about mind, body, and soul and getting you well and keeping you well!! Health Care prevention at its finest!! Well I went and let me tell you, I have been going every since!!! I love our chiropractors!

Yes, we have 2 - one in state college - Simpson Chiropractic and Dr. Jon Ewer in Greensburg. They are both amazing chiropractors and do so many unique things to adjust, keep us healthy, and keep us staying young!


Common interests can form over time. Like I said we only  had one of the three and now we have 3 that are stronger than any bond! We love them and support each other in each interest!! So take time and brainstorm with your hubby about the things you both like and start bonding over each one!


Here we are at our Chiropractor in Greensburg. Rich is getting Laser Therapy done on his knee / quad. This therapy is amazing and is helping Rich heal from his surgery and his muscles heal and get stronger!!! Oh and yes you do get to wear those awesome glasses while getting it done!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment