Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Newly Wed Tip #4 - Give your spouse 1 night



Newly Wed Tip #4 - Give your spouse 1 night! What does that mean? Allow them one night to do what they want, eat what they want, and go where they want. (Date night but of their choice)

I love to cook, so I do all the meal planning and prep for the week. I plan ahead so I always plan and prep on Sundays. However, I only prep and plan for 6 nights. I plan and prep Sunday - Friday and then the morning and afternoon of Saturday. I do not prep and plan for anything on Saturday night. Why? Because Saturday nights I allow for my hubby to choose. If he wants to go out we go out, if he wants to stay in we stay in, if he wants to drink beer, I drive, etc. I am all about fitness, working out, and eating clean and Rich supports me 100% of the time, but guys like to eat and drink their beer, so I give him one night to have a treat meal and to enjoy his beer. When I do go out with him, sometimes I choose to have  treat and sometimes I choose to eat cleaner. But whatever I do, I allow him to pick the place where he wants to go and then I pick what I want to eat when we are there.

Yes, something as small as this, allowing him to choose one night, goes a long way and this one night will allow your hubby to continue to follow your weekly plan, knowing they get one night to choose the meal.

No, I don't like going out, but not because its not clean and I don't want to gain weight, but because I have celiac's and its hard to go to restaurants and not get sick due to cross contamination. Trust me, if I could have a cheat meal when we go out I would, but a lot of the times I am stuck with  piece of chicken or a salad because they will not be contaminated or are least likely to be contaminated by gluten. BUT, I do it, I go out, I have a meal with him, because that is what he wants and I get what I want 6 out of the 7 nights, so its only fair. And yes I am the DD, I don't drink very often, if at all anymore and I want everyone to be safe, so I don't mind being the DD so that he can enjoy his beer and relax after a football game or even at the school. I know he would do the same for me.

So ladies, as tough as it might be to allow your husband to choose the night out / date night, give it to him. It will go a long way in your marriage. And I have noticed that with Rich, it allows for him to learn to appreciate my cooking more and how he feels better on it then the restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment