Thursday, September 17, 2015

NEW RECIPE!!! - 5 Ingredient Almond Butter Banana Muffins

 
Almond Butter Banana Muffins
 
 
 
During the football season I like to make my husband a treat for either GAME Day or the night before. I only do it on home game weekends when he is able to enjoy it. And because those weekends we can actually enjoy the treats together.
Last weekend I made these Muffins. I didn't know what they were going to taste like, but I thought, what the heck lets try it! OMG were they amazing. MOIST and delicious! I added chocolate chips to them and when you bit into the muffins the chocolate chips melted in your mouth!
 
These muffins were a HIT with my hubby and they were plant based! So it was  WIN WIN in my books. Plus his team WON their home opener so it was a great weekend in the Yahner Household!!
 
Oh and don't worry. I will be making these again. They didn't last even 24 hours!!!  And it was a great  use to my OVER RIPE bananas that I didn't want to waste!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup natural Almond butter (can use any Nut butter)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 medium sized very ripe bananas
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons honey (optional, but I added it!)
  • Optional toppings of choice: dark chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, craisins
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Place ingredients in the blender and blend until well mixed.
  • Pour batter into muffin tin greased with cooking spray or coconut oil.
  • Add a variety of toppings into each muffin spot and stir.
  • Cooking time varies- 9-11 minutes for regular muffins
  • I got 12 big muffins out of them. You can do mini muffins if you would like too.

No comments:

Post a Comment