Monday, September 21, 2015

Phase 1 of P90x is over!!

As you all know, 3 weeks ago I started the P90x journey. One of my goals with being a Health and Fitness Coach is to do all the Programs that Beachbody comes out with and P90x was up next.



I am through Phase 1 of the program and on to the Recovery Week before starting Phase 2. I started doing P90x without being 100% into the program and the workouts. I honestly wasn't excited for the longer workouts, and I just didn't have the drive or desire to do P90x. However, I committed to it and refused to quit. Plus I honestly, felt it working within the first few days. And I have now made it past Phase 1 and am excited with the results I am seeing and feeling!

During Phase 1, I have continued to eat a WHOLE plant based diet! I have only allowed myself one treat the past 3 weeks and that is because the hubs, who is a football coach, wanted to go out and celebrate their Home Opener Win!  I have also upped my calories for this program since it is longer workouts and the program is more intense.


The p90x book says I should be eating between 1800 - 2000 calories a day. To me that is a TON. However, I am eating any where from 1500 - 1900 a day, it really just depends on the meals I had planned out. However, my calorie count is not what I am worrying about. My philosophy is if I am hungry then I will eat.

Like I said, I am continuing with a whole plant base diet. After doing the reset, I felt TOO good to go back to the old ways of eating. Plus this way is soooo much fun! Its always something different and my husband, LOVES the plant base diet because there is always something new to try. Which I need to be honest with you, before we did the Ultimate Rest, I got lazy and we pretty much had the same thing every night for dinner. Doing this diet, I really didn't think I would be able to continue with it or with P90x. I thought I would have to give up one or the other. But I don't! I feel great!!

The only thing I noticed during the first 2 weeks of P90x was that I was exhausted and to the point I struggled to stay awake during the day. It wasn't because I wasn't eating enough, I was definitely eating more than my share. Doing P90x completely shocked my system and I needed something to help me perform at my best and still be able to function through out the day.

So the middle of week 2 I am changed that. How?  I started the Beachbody Performance Line (Pictured below). And guess what?!?! The performance line was the answer! I have more energy, feel great, am able to push harder, and stay awake through the day!

So what am I taking and when?

I have energize (Pre-workout drink) before the workout, hydrate (drink that keeps your muscles hydrated) during the workout, chocolate protein recovery shake immediately after the workout! And at night 30-60 minutes before I go to bed I take the vanilla recharge shake!

I was honestly nervous to start these since they technically aren't PLANT BASED but they are seriously helping and they don't count as calories or containers because they are helping my body perform and recovery.

 
 
 
WHAT IS BEACHBODY PERFORMANCE™?

It’s a performance-enhancing supplement system specifically designed to meet the demands of Beachbody’s world-class workouts. Now, you don’t have to let anything hold you back from getting the results you want. Beachbody Performance helps you overcome your fitness obstacles, whether it’s low energy, lack of focus, dehydration, exercise-induced muscle soreness, slow recovery, or poor workout performance. With Beachbody Performance, you can push yourself harder and last longer, which means you can get better results from your workouts—faster.
 
HOW DOES BEACHBODY PERFORMANCE WORK?

It’s an all-in-one system that can be used together or easily customized depending on your fitness goals or needs. There are 5 unique formulas—Energize, Hydrate, Recover, Recharge, and Creatine. Each serves a specific purpose, and when used as a system they work together to help you get:*

• More energy and endurance

• Better focus to push harder

• Less exercise-induced muscle soreness

• Faster recovery times

 


WHAT MAKES BEACHBODY PERFORMANCE THE BEST?
Beachbody® is committed to getting results. So when we set out to create workout supplements, we knew they had to outperform anything else on the market. Just as we revolutionized superfood nutrition with Shakeology®, we are determined to revolutionize your workout performance—and help you get the best health and fitness transformation of your life.

Beachbody Performance is the best because it’s:
• Developed by Harvard-trained scientists using cutting-edge sports science and nutrition research.
• Formulated with ingredients at clinically effective levels scientifically shown to make a difference in energy, focus, stamina, strength, and recovery.
• No gimmicky ingredients without proof that they work. Beachbody Performance is backed by evidence-based ingredients shown to help improve performance and recovery.
• No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment