Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week 3 Day 3 Muscle Vs Fat

I am on week 3 of Insanity. This week started out with the fit test on Monday, followed by Plyometric cardio Circuit (my favorite) and then today was a double day with insanity! Today was pure cardio and cardio abs! I was a complete sweaty mess by the time I was done with Pure Cardio and I still had cardio abs to do! With Pure Cardio I feel I am getting stronger and stronger each time I do it and can last longer and am taking fewer breaks, not just water breaks but stopping and just jogging in place breaks. That makes me happy knowing that I am getting stronger each week!

Area you a scale watcher? I am sometimes and its a horrible habit. Well insanity I have not lost any weight. Why? 1. because I am eating more than I normally do and 2. because I am taking my fat and turning it into muscle, which means that muscle weighs more than fat!! Which is fine by me, because Muscle is much sexier than fat!!! Don't you agree. So instead of watching the scale, I am watching how I feel, what my muscles look like, how my clothes feel, and how I continue to fuel my body with the appropriate foods.

So I have set a goal for myself. I am in week 3 and I have 7 more weeks to go. 2 of those weeks are really recovery weeks but still, I have a goal set! My goal with Pure Cardio is to make it through the entire 15 minutes straight of cardio with taking only 2 QUICK water breaks and NOT stopping at all to job because I am tired! I know I can do it, because I know that each week I am getting stronger and stronger!  Do you like to set goals for yourself with your workouts and program?

 

 
Here is a little picture of what the difference in Fat and Muscle look like.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment