Thursday, January 8, 2015

NEw RECIPE!!!!! Almond Crusted

Chicken can be VERY boring to eat. So I try to spice it up with something new. This time I made a Maple Almond Chicken! AND it was HUSBAND approved. My husband loves food, but he can be picky about some things I make and especially when I try something new, BUT he loved it and when I told him that it was something I could do with Salmon, he got even more excited, he loves fish. So the next time I make this I will be making it with fish, instead of chicken.

It is easy to make, doesn't take long to prepare, and is easy clean up. Those 3 must haves in my book when I am in the chicken cooking!!!
 
 
Easy Maple Almond Chicken
 
 
4 Thin Sliced Chicken Breast
garlic powder
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
juice of 1/2 lemon (plus more to garnish)
1/2 cup almond meal

Preheat oven to 350.

Season Chicken on both sides with garlic powder.

Combine maple syrup and lemon juice in a shallow bowl. Put almond meal in a separate shallow bowl.

Dip Chicken in maple mixture, then dredge in almond meal. Place on a greased or foil or Silpat-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350.

If you want a crisper coating, finish off under the broiler until the almond coating just starts to brown.
 
This can also be done with Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment