Thursday, April 9, 2015

NEW RECIPE - Homemade Granola

 
 
Healthy Granola Recipe
 
 
I used all Raw organic ingredients, which if you can, I would suggest that. These measurements are also flexible, depending on how much or how little you want.
 
Ingredients:
 
2 cups of raw, whole rolled oats - I used gluten free Trader Joe Brand
1/2 cup raw nuts (chopped) I did a mixture of peanuts and almonds
1/4 cup raw seeds - I did sunflower seeds 
1/2 c of unsweetened dried fruit - I did raisins
3 TBSP of raw honey
2 TBSP of extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven to 300.
 
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your clean hands to mix well and toss to coat.
 
The coconut oil might be solid at first but your hands will melt it into the mixture, just make sure there are no chunks left.
 
Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until light toasted.
 
Cool before serving or storing.
 
This granola mix can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
 
I am getting ready to head to Cancun for a work / vacation trip. Having celiac's limits my eating so I like to make this granola mixture and either snack on it on the plane or have it as a go to if there is nothing in the hotel I can eat.
 
Love making it and I switching up the nuts and seeds each time. 

Also I love adding this mixture to my cottage cheese, eating it plain, adding milk to it, or adding it to my plain Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment