Thursday, April 2, 2015

NEW RECIPE - Paleo Brownies

I love brownies and especially ones that are chocolaty and good AND with ice cream on top!! Yes I like my brownies ala mode if I am going to have them! And I don't have them often so when I do I go big! Well these brownies are amazing!! They are hubby approved, parent approved, and kid approved (cousins). So enjoy and definitely make these soon!!


Paleo Fudgy Brownies

Here’s what you need:
  •     ½ cup coconut oil
  •     4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (85% cacao, or 100% bakers chocolate)
  •     2/3 cup raw honey
  •     2 whole eggs
  •     1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  •     2/3 cup blanched almond flour
  •     ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  •      ½ cup chopped nuts (peantus, walnuts, almonds, etc) I do no like nut in my brownie so I don't put them. But its an option for you. I add peanut butter chips sometimes.

1.    In a medium saucepan melt coconut oil, chocolate and honey over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool.

2.    Meanwhile, grease an 8x8x2-inch or 9x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. Stir the eggs, 1 at a time, into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the vanilla.

3.    In a small bowl stir together the almond flour and baking soda. Add almond flour mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in nuts or peanut butter chips. Spread into prepared pan.

4.    Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes for 8-inch pan or 25 minutes for 9-inch pan. Cool on a wire rack. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge before cutting into bars.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment