Monday, April 13, 2015

Recap of week 3 and the 21 Day Fix Extreme

 
The 21 Day Fix Extreme ended yesterday for me. I can't believe that 3weeks are already over with this program. 

Week 3 was MUCH easier than week 2 and was definitely way more easier than week 1. Looking back from week 1 to week 3, I can't believe how much stronger I got, how my endurance increased, and just how overall better I felt. Now don't get me wrong, I was still sore, but that is because I upped my weights. Week 1 I was using 3-5 pounds, week 2 5-8 pounds and week 3 I upped it to 8-10 pounds. Each week I continued to be sore, but in a good way. The meal planning became a routine after week 1 and actually became a staple to my nutrition of what I ate on competition plan days and what I ate on non-competition plan days. The only workout I continued to struggle with during the 3rd week was Pilates. All the other workouts I felt on pace and able to keep up with her.

Pilates, continued to be a challenge for me and I HATED it. I did it all 3 weeks, but to be honest I felt so uncoordinated that I don't know if I would ever do that workout again. Why? Because I didn't feel like I got a good workout in because I was too worried about the band and it moving and being tangled up in it.

This week I went back to doing all the original workouts that come with the base kit! I really like them all (except Pilates) and enjoyed pushing myself harder than last week.

Today I did The Fix Challenge that comes as the bonus DVD when you order through a Team Beachbody Coach, like myself. The challenge is 13 moves repeated 4 times each. But you start with move one do it 4 times and then repeat it but build on and add move 2. You continue to do this till you are doing all 13 moves! It is awesome! You work up a sweat and there is minimal jumping and not equipment needed. However, I do recommend you use a mat if you are on carpet or hard word floors, because you do a lot of forearm planks and I needed up with a rug burn!



I still stand by what I said the past 2 weeks, that, when it comes to these workouts, they are AWESOME and definitely for someone that is more advanced and has been working out for a while. You get stronger each week and see faster definition in your muscles than with 21 Day Fix, but that is because you are using weights for everything! There is  modifier but she still goes hard so I stick by what I said, and that I would not recommend this program for someone who is a beginner or has a serious injury.

MEAL PLANING - now this has seriously been my FAVORITE part of the program. The 21 Day Fix Extreme comes with 2 meal plans. One is the Extreme Meal Plan just like the regular Fix, BUT you no longer get sweets, waffles, treats, and of course your wine! The competition plan - is a carb depletion plan that is for someone that wants serious results, someone that is thinking about doing a Body Competition, someone needing to lose those last few pounds, OR someone, like me, getting ready for a trip.

I have continued this past week to do the Countdown to Competition plan. With this plan I am getting 6 reds (proteins), 3 greens (veggies) and 1 yellow (carb) a day. You do this for 2 days and  then you go to the Extreme Meal plan for 1 Day - like the fix but no treats.

I am not a meat eater but the competition plan ha showed me that eating a higher protein diet gives me more energy, better workouts, a happier tummy, and overall makes me feel good. I honestly thought I was going to hate it and have to quit after the first day or 2 because I hate meat, however, I am in love with it, have stuck to it and have officially finished the program.  I am learning a lot about my body. I thought I would miss the fruits and carbs, but I don't. I actually have learned to appreciate food more, and the tastes of the foods you miss. I love that the days I have fruits they feel like a cheat because I am getting a treat! I love that feeling and it definitely helps you not want to cheat and stick with the plan. Plus I keep saying its 2 days on and 1 day off. Just look it at like that any one can do it!!

Its interesting how in tune I have become with my body and it has me thinking about my nutrition plan come after the fix.

Here are pictures of what I eat on the competition plan and what I eat on the extreme plan. I continue to do the same thing on Competition Plan days and Extreme days.



No comments:

Post a Comment